Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Peanut butter and birdseed open house!




My first Mothers Day, Daddy and Piper (Paige was not born yet) bought me a red birdhouse with a white roof. This was absolutely my most favorite gift because I thought it would give me and the girls many years of fun relaxing mornings with my cup of coffee watching the sunrise and birds...however, we have yet to see a bird.
At first I thought it was the location, then we moved and still no birds. Then I thought it was the hornets, spiders, etc...-but after we took care of the bugs, still no birds. Then when we moved to our current house I thought it was the color, after I painted it (the same color we painted the house), still no birds. I for sure thought we sealed the deal after we bought Baxter in August...we will never have a bird morning! (But, that doesn't make sense because my backyard neighbor has dogs (big dogs to be exact) and they see beautiful robins, blue jays, etc...hum?) We've tried birdseed, peanut butter, honey..to name a few.
Today Piper made a bird feeder at preschool, so down came the birdhouse to which a peanut butter-birdseed feeder took its place. Piper and Paige both did the bird call and invited all to the open house/bird feeder extravaganza! At this point we are desperate and would even accept a seagull!

2 comments:

Jen said...

seagulls are chickens in Amelia's eyes! Good luck with the bird thing. We had a bird feeder but got sick of the bird crap all over the fence.

PROUD MOMMY said...

My grandparents used to get all kinds of pretty birds in their backyard. caleb's first word was actually BIRD--he loved to stare out their back window at them. We, on the other hand, have never had a bird...well, one time we had a crow, but I don't think that counts!