Thursday, January 15, 2009

Johnny Mathis & Banana Crackers

Yes, I admit it-I was born in the 80's. I love everything that has to do with the 80's, but think cherry red pumps, leg warmers, side ponytails, and white wash tapered jeans should stay there, and the music should live on forever! Spoken from a true "Material Girl".

As we (Paige and I) were driving Piper to preschool, I came up with this revelation, "I should have been born in the 70's-thus I would've been able to enjoy the 80's even more and wouldn't have to listen to all my "big hair" "make out music" to reminisce, (mind you, my Toto CD is playing)! Will my girls think of my music the same way I dreaded long car rides with my parents and their Johnny Mathis tapes? Is there a reason all my girlfriends have always been 5-10+ years older?" Does this mean I am going to die 10 years younger?"

As we drove up to preschool, I was taken back by the simple words of my oldest "I wonder what they are going to have for snack today?". Some of the biggest of life lessons I learn from my children. I should not try to live in the past-I cannot change what has happened. I should neither live in the future, because usually the things I worry about don't happen either. I should live for right now, and I think we will have banana crackers and milk for snack!

~Happy Thursday

1 comment:

Jen said...

you crack me up! I have problems with always thinking about what's next, when this is done...and not enjoying the moment especially when it comes to my kids, need to work on that one.