Monday, January 12, 2009

Ode to Norman...

...Rockwell, that is. The new theme for my basement remodel (thanks again to the generous charity Paula gave the garbage lady and the nice email from my boyfriend in cyberspace).

Last week I decided to post my desperately needed decorating disaster to the HGTV site "Rate My Space"-hoping the designer would come to my house and give my basement a face lift (I heard the remodel is over 20k). But instead, I have received a bucket of emails trashing my space, and giving me a rating of 1/5 :( I know I need some help, but it's very hard with a budget of $0.00 (all who know my husband know why...cheap-oops! did I really say that!) One nice gentleman told me that "all I needed was a theme and then everything would fall into place". Nice, that's what I need to hear-some encouragement. So Norman (and Paula), here goes...the start to my own remodel one day and one antique at a time.


I think things are starting to come along, while I patiently await the arrival of HGTV's designer. What do you think?














2 comments:

Jen said...

You are so brave to post your pics on Rate my Space.Love the new pillows and the addition of red in the room. Would the carpet that's under the spare bed work in that room? I have a few other ideas that I would like to check out in person! You're doing a great job! Jen

PROUD MOMMY said...

WOW. you are brave. but that would be SO cool if you got chosen for the show! that whole decorating on a budget thing is such a bummer (story of my life)!