Friday, September 11, 2009

We remember!

It was eight years ago (my final semester of nursing school) that I sat in Advanced Medical/Surgical nursing watching as the 2nd tower of the World Trade Center came crashing down. Our lecture for the day consisted of triage and emergency nursing and different lessons in natural disaster relief. But all I could think of was the nurses, doctors, policemen, firemen, military (and all other civil servants) and their continued commitment to save lives. They continued to work (day in and day out) without breaks, meals, even rest to care for all those involved. And the sick continued to come.
We remember 9/11 and continue to ever thank all involved for their undoubted patriotic heroism. I am proud to say that I am an American and that we continue to live in a free country because of them.