Thursday, September 10, 2009

Late night talks!


As I arrived home from work tonight (10:30ish), I was pleasantly surprised that my beautiful 2 year old was still awake awaiting for my arrival. And just like her mother and grandmother and great~grandmother have done for so many years, a late night chat and little snack were in order. So a Hagen's leftover submarine sandwich, a glass of warm milk, and a quick recap of the day is all it took for my little dolly to unwind and finally fall asleep.
I look forward to many late night chats with my girls and to carry on the tradition that has always been the right remedy for those nights you just couldn't sleep.

3 comments:

Jen said...

There must have been something in the air last night. Aiden was awake until 11:00 last night. Finally after a final bedtime story, back rub and prayer to help him sleep, it worked. But now I'm dreading waking him up for school today...

Emily said...

I am sooo one of those!!! Everything that happens during the day tends to come out at night! How precious that little Paigey has already started, I love that blog post!

Sally said...

I miss that too, Mary. Thank heavens for cell phones!