Monday, February 9, 2009

Dirty in a clean kind of way!


Since my husband does not read my blog I can post his Valentines Day present...without him knowing what I got him!
Every year at this time we buy each other a new fragrance for "heart day" in hopes we can rekindle our love by being absolutely irresistible to one another. However, in the past I think I completely gave him the wrong impressions and for some reasons, he thinks I want a new husband/lover from a completely different ethnicity. For example cologne's in the past include:
  1. Gucci for Men (can be interpreted as feeling a bit “Chinese” as it evokes dried spicy Chinese mandarin skins ).
  2. Herrera (just in it's name signifies a Spanish flair).
  3. Pleasures (don't ask how he took this one)!
So off to Macy's us girls went to find the perfect men's cologne that wouldn't offend him and he wouldn't take the "wrong way". (By the way the people at Macy's are soooo very helpful when it comes to perfume)! The young, very well dressed gentleman suggested this new men's line from Juicy Couture, that smelled oh so wonderful....but guess what the name is??? Dirty English...what? Yes, this is the name alright! But it smelled so wonderful. So that's what we got-Dirty English.
When we came home I had to google it to find out the meaning, and to be brutally honest, I shouldn't have. It is characterized as being dirty in a clean irresistible way, "manarchy" in a bottle, and "any self-respecting bad boy will want to wear it."
So, not only will my husband think I am going to leave him for a "bad boy in a dirty kind of way", but he again will tease me for the next year until this time approaches again! (By golly, at least he'll smell great!)

2 comments:

PROUD MOMMY said...

That's a neat idea for gifts.
The last smell I bought Chip didn't go over well and now Caleb wears it (he has those gals at preschool just swarming him :)

Mary said...

Funny!!!