Monday, August 31, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I can officially say that because it is September (well almost...by the time I finish writing this excerpt it will be)!

Here are the top ten reasons why I love Autumn time:

1.) Color of leaves and the way they are swept away by the wind to land in my neighbors yard~he he (I love to rake them into big huge piles and jump, so if you are my neighbor...just let me know and I will bring the rake to help you clean up)!
2.) The back to school feeling...LOVE IT, even though it only lasts for a few hours!
3.) Halloween & Thanksgiving ~two of my FAVORITE holidays!!!!!
4.) Back to school shopping (new clothes, new notebooks and pens, new beginnings).
5.) Home made after school snacks (chocolate chip cookies, rice krispie treats, and pop corn balls are my favorites my mom used to make).
6.) The beginning of must see TV and new episodes of my favorite programs!
7.)Pumpkin patches, pumpkin pie, pumpkin loaf, pumpkin pie (did I already say that?)!
8.) The crisp breeze in the air makes it unnecessary (and downright inappropriate) for short sleeve shirts and SHORTS~~~hate them by the way (the shorts, that is)!!!
9.)The smell of a newly lit log fire being burned in your neighbors fireplace!
10.) The Twilight premiere New Moon is quickly approaching!!!! (BTW I have decided to reread the series in preparation for the big day...November 20th...if you didn't already know!!!)

Happy Autumn!

P.S. I just had to add Neil Diamond to my playlist because I love this song!!! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Looking forward to fall to but lets squeeze in 1 more week of summer!

Sally said...

Love it. I sometimes miss the first week of school when my kids came home in their new school clothes (dirtied from the day), with stories about the new kids. the new teachers and just great seeing them at the end of the day. (Not to say I was ready for the morning to come to send them back to school!!!). We are soooo blessed. It is the first time in 30 years I have not had to buy new school clothes, supplies at Walmart and pay tuition. I kind of missed it....

Emily said...

Oh yes the "New Moon"! You will have to post why you like summer next year and include "Eclipse"! Can't wait to see both!!!!

rebecca said...

I just started to read New Moon - loving it.