Thursday, August 13, 2009

Baxter Boy!




This week we celebrate the 1st anniversary of the adoption of our beautiful baby boy Baxter, and boy has it been a whirlwind of surprises!
I've never really been the "pet" type, but secretly always wanted one since before I can remember. To be honest, I don't know what our life would be like without him (other than I would have clean carpets and no doggy hair)! My favorite time with Baxter is when he greets me (when I get home from work~whatever the time) with his head peaking through the railing (see pictures above).
We intentionally bought a "boy" dog for several reasons, and the utmost reason is Chris needed the male camaraderie. But after his neutering days and being around 4 girls throughout the days, he has lost most of his masculine boyism's (which to be honest, I am TOTALLY okay with)! Chris was kinda disappointed when Baxter was told in doggy jail that he couldn't play with the other boys because he was a little too "fragile" (we had him kenneled overnight for our mini vacation)! Chris decided to draw the line, so I guess no more hair ribbons and bows after his monthly hair cut!
When I asked the girls what their favorite memory of Baxter is they stated: "I love when Baxter keeps me warm at night."~Piper. "Bayou is nice."~Paige.
All I can say is thank you Baxter for choosing us to be your family!
"The dog represents all that is best in man." ~Etienne Charlet

No comments: