Monday, March 23, 2009

crafty time!




Instead of doing our "beginning of the week" cleaning, we decided to craft instead. Oh, and how fun us girls had while daddy was "wooorking" (~Paige).


We upholstered 12x16 canvas with fun new fabric to match my far out red curtains and hung them with sticks we found outside (you'd think I was going kinda granola~huh?). I mostly had fun with Chris's staple gun (and yes, I did wear safety goggles)...you can only imagine! Ideas from styrofoamstyle.com.


We also were in desperate need of a clock in the basement and decided to again use fun vinyl numbers from Treasury of Memories and a cheap clock kit from Michael's.


We met Chris' stamp of approval, but again were reprimanded for all the new holes in the walls (we'll never be able to change good ol' daddy)! And I guess we'll get to the cleaning and housework tonight!!!


~Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Jen said...

where did you put the canvases??

Mary said...

Upstairs in my living room! I took down mostly everything else when I replaced the curtains! I am really trying to simplify my life and home!!! :)

Jen said...

would love to see a picture of the new room :)