Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Battle with the blue jobs!

On Sunday night I took a picture of our infamous "clean" laundry pile and am too embarrassed to post it! Honest to God (yes mom...I am praying-especially that the laundry goes away), it took Chris and I a grand total of 3 hours to fold and put away!

When Chris and I got married 5+ years ago we made a list of blue and pink jobs-pretty much self explanatory, right?. I am a good housekeeper, amongst many of the pink jobs I've acquired over the years, but when it comes to laundry-washing it, drying it, folding it, ironing it, or just getting it down stairs...I stink! I have gone as far as doing the "Irish shower" (aka wear it more than once and drown it in cologne-smells good it must be clean, huh?) to avoid doing more laundry. My mom has stopped visiting my house because she doesn't want to do any more of my laundry. From the get go, laundry has been a "blue" job! However, my blue husband hasn't been keeping up on his blue responsibilities!

But after Sunday nights revelation, and absolutely not wanting to ever do that again, I have made a pact with myself (and want all of you to be my witnesses) that laundry is now a "pink" job and I will keep up on it daily!

*Update:
Monday~going strong!
Tuesday~still going strong!

No comments: