Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Grasshopper Pie!!


As Michaud family dictates, every year we make the annual "Grasshopper Pie". Last year I added my own ingredient to give it some holiday flare, and it was absolutely fabulous and a must recipe to any collection! I also have my work buddies (especially Paula) hooked!

Holiday Grasshopper Pie

  1. 2 1/2 rows Oreo cookies
  2. 3/4 stick butter
  3. 7 candy canes
  4. cool whip
  5. hot fudge
  6. chocolate chip mint ice cream

Crust: Place Oreo's and candy canes in large plastic bag. Take rolling pin and pulverize into small pieces. Melt butter in microwave and add to Oreo and candy canes and mix evenly making sure all is covered. With a fork, flatten into dish evenly. Make sure to save some crust for topping.

Filling: Evenly place chocolate chip mint ice cream over crust. Evenly place hot fudge over ice cream and follow with cool whip. Garnish with remaining crust. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.

Makes 2 8x8 dishes

1 comment:

PROUD MOMMY said...

Caleb would love that!! So would I to tell you the truth, but I don't think my tummy would (this whole lactose intolerance thing can be a real downer sometimes). Well, life goes on. Good news is it does not get in the way of me having a truly amazing (but toxic) strawberry margaarita at Outback...which I did last night!