Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Bye bye Barbie"

I grew up with Barbies, and all the girls I knew had barbies. I made it through many long wrestling weekends with my only friend Barbie (all my three brothers wrestled competitively for years). Today is Pipers "show and tell" day, and running late as always I had her run to the toy room and grab something. 50% of the time I usually forget and the teacher is so great with improv and Piper most the time show and tells her outfit. I thought today I was ahead of the game. So we show up 10 minutes late and teacher politely informs my that Barbies are "adult" toys and not allowed. The look of disappointment on Pipers face when she had to give the doll to her sister Paige. "Bye, bye Barbie", stated Paige over and over as we left the building.

1 comment:

PROUD MOMMY said...

since when is barbie an "adult" toy...what are theses so called "adults" doing with barbie?

anywho, I love your blog and am so excited to be able to keep up on all your fun happenings. it was also show and tell at caleb's class today...he took a hot wheels pencil that Daddy sharpened into a horrifying stabbing implement. I'm sure that will go over well.

Have such a great weekend.
~Sara