Monday, October 15, 2012

I RUN

-because I can.
-to get away.
-to play my music really loud (swear words, and all).
-to lose weight.
-to be free.
-because I can get to my destination faster.
-because it doesn't require a lot of coordination.
-because one day I won't be able.

One year ago today I started my running journey. On a challenge from a friend, with an old pair of garden sneakers, I downloaded an app.  What I remember of that October day was that I walked most of it, thinking to myself "why am I doing this", but again doing it the following day. 
A few short weeks later, I found myself investing in a little bit of running gear.  Talking with other friends and inspiring them also to run, we developed a little "club".
A year later and here I am: 25 pounds lighter, almost 500 miles ran, 20+ running partners, a couple 5k's, a 10k and now a half marathon (13.1miles), the challenge continues. 

Here are a few of the pictures throughout my running journey. 

















 

 

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I am so proud of you!!!! Can't wait to see where the next year will take you.

Caitlin said...

This is incredibly inspiring!