Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Lenten Journey (a day early).

So it begins...LENT; a time of sacrifice, preparation, penitence and self evaluation. And what better day to start it on then Fat Tuesday, being that today be the lowest weigh day for me all year (whoot, whoot!).

In this, I have decided instead of giving up, I am going to give in, meaning give to myself, my family, my friends, my home and my job the very best I can. I am going to continue to eat healthier and try to be more active (hopefully losing more weight in the process). I am going to put my family first by being a better wife and mother. I am going to be an excellent friend by motivating others to give their very best (even if this means less trips to TJ Maxx). I am going to strive to make our home a wonderful place to live, love and "just be". And last but not least, I am going to strive to be a better, more compassionate nurse.

So, here's to 41 days of giving in, instead of giving up! What are some things you are giving in?

No comments: