Sunday, May 9, 2010

A True Mother's Day Weekend

was not spent at at beautiful Sunday brunch, a casual walk by the bay, or doted on with flowers cards and candy, but with a house full of sick kiddos and husband.



It all started Thursday morning on a regular day of dance, when everyone (including daddy) had to come home from their Thursday regime because they were "a little" under the weather. 3+ sleepless nights, 6+ loads of laundry, 2+ dirty bathrooms, and 4+ days of chicken noodle soup later here we are...Mother's Day!



I hope this posting doesn't sound too mopey or at all as if I am feeling sorry for myself, because that really isn't the point. The point, you ask, is that this is what I signed up for. This is what a true mother does. This and all the other goods and bads are worth every single second of being a mother to my most beautiful possessions.



I will never forget this Mother's Day, being the one that my 5 1/2 year old told me that "you are the bestest mommy ever" at 3:32 am, or when my 3 year old told me that she'll "love me forever" just before bed. The greatest of Mother's Days is spent with family, the ones you love, and the ones that CHOSE you!!

*(and by the way, I did received a beautiful flowered pot and card from my beautiful Godson, some awesome homemade cards from my wonderful girls, and Chris was able to muster himself out of bed to buy me some beautiful spring tulips)!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

sick families are a true test of motherhood! happy mother's day!

PROUD MOMMY said...

Mary, so sorry to hear about your sick brood. We had a "get well" mother's day around here too. But it was me getting taken care of which is an odd feeling, and one I'm not quite sure I like. I think as mothers we are used to "getting it done" and it is hard for me not to be able to do that right now.