Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Whole Month of Thankfulness!


I have decided to conduct a little experiment with my girls about learning by example and trying to teach them about the important things in life...Instead of not being prepared for the annual Schweigert Thanksgiving feast (I mean the part about "thankfulness", that is), I have decided that we are going to use the WHOLE month of November as a semi "dress rehearsal" to prepare! Every night after the evening tubby and goodnight prayer we will say something that we are thankful for in hopes the girls will catch on and think of something (lets say) a little more thoughtful than last years answers!

I am going to keep track day by day at the sideline of my blog and you too can watch their progress (hopefully) leading up to the big (my most favorite) holiday feast!!!

"For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
What are you thankful for???

3 comments:

Jen said...

that picture is adorable and I love the side bar idea!

Sally said...

Iam truly thankful for you all. I couldn't ask for more. Someday, your'e understand a greatful Mother's and grandmother's heart. We are truly blessed.

Emily said...

I love that picture of your adorable girls!!