Sunday, October 18, 2009

Too early for Thanksgiving???







As most of you know, Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday, and it's probably because you can stuff yourself silly ALL day and answer to no one...it's Thanksgiving, right???


Ever since I can remember I would always help my mother in the kitchen to prepare this huge meal while the men watched all the football they could handle.


It was always real important that the table looked as spectacular as the food tastes. I can remember learning basic table etiquette from my mother as: "set the salad fork next to the dinner fork (on the left) and spoon and knife (on the right), always offer to the left and pass to your right", as we would put the finishing touches to the beautiful holiday meal. I too have decided to carry on the tradition of a beautiful setting as well as a beautiful meal when it comes to holiday gatherings, whether I cook for two or twenty!


I have been eyeing this set of Thanksgiving dishes at TJ Maxx for awhile now, and after receiving the most recent Pottery Barn magazine this weekend, I decided that these magnificent dishes are just the finishing touch I need to add to my collection. While I got a set of 4 turkey dishes for $12.99 (and I did get a full serving for 12~both dinner and salad plates), the other is listed as 4 for $48.00 (not including shipping)!

Mom, you would be soooooo proud!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sure your table will look beautiful!

rebecca said...

can i come for dinner?

Sally said...

Iam soooo proud, Mary. You'll only know how much when your girls make YOU proud. Can't wait to see your beautiful table.